- All Hikeview Apps are undergoing an upgrade to address the location bug that affected some people. They are all being enhanced to provide a link to a web based version of the map to support pan and zoom when network access is available.
- The South Downs Way App has been updated to correct a bug that occasionally caused location updates to fail and the maps have been enhanced for readability and additional info on pubs/transport/food etc. has been added.
- The Hadrian's Wall App has been updated to correct a bug that occasionally caused location updates to fail.
- The Hadrian's Wall Walk Map booklet is now available on Amazon
- The Hikeview Links page is now up. Want anything added, drop me a mail.
- Offa's Dyke Way Page completed, with standard sections, distances and walking time estimates.
- Like Hikeview on Facebook to get updates.
The objective of Hikeview is to provide information about trail-marked long distance walking routes and provide resources to help plan a walk on any of these routes.
This is the initial starting point for this site, it is a labour of mild obsession and will grow in features and content. The first route that was covered is Hadrian's Wall Path. The Hadrian's Wall page features mapping information for the walk, accompanied by a methodology and links to support planning of a trip along this walk. Eventually the plan is to incorporate a series of panoramic photos from the walk allowing a virtual walk-through of the full route.
After that the Ridgeway, South Downs Way, Pennine Way and Offa's Dyke Path were covered with a plan to keep extending the walks covered as time goes on, any specific requests the feel free to email, the address is in the footer at the bottom of the page.