Hadrian's Wall App
The Hadrian's Wall Map for Android provides a map of the Hadrian's Wall Walk in 43 sections.
- Each section is 2 miles long (except the section from Wallsend to St. Anthony's which is 1.25 miles).
- No network access is required (to avoid network coverage problems/data roaming charges).
- When location information is available the first map displayed will be the section closest to your current location.
- Some elevation information is included
- Numerous services/wall details/terrain notes included.
- If network access is available a long press on any map section will jump to a web based version of the same section with the users position indicated (can zoom and pan).
The Hadrian's Wall Map is intended for use in conjunction with a good book on the Hadrian's Wall Walk. The app allows the walker to pause, grab their phone and quickly ascertain their location along the path and the up-coming terrain/features/points of interest and guage the remaining distance to their destination.
The first screen is the Map Key, this gives the usage instructions and the key for the non-OS map features. Tapping this screen will cause the map section closest to the device's current location to be displayed, the user can then use swipe gestures to navigate East and West along the Hadrian's Wall Walk.