Cumbria Way App
The Cumbria Way Map for Android provides a map of the Cumbria Way Walk in 36 sections.
- Each section is 2 miles long (except the last section into Carlisle which is 2.5 miles).
- No network access is required (to avoid network coverage problems/data roaming charges).
- When location information is available the first map displayed will be the section closest to your current location.
- Some elevation information is included
- Numerous services/terrain notes included.
The Cumbria Way Map is intended for use in conjunction with a good book on the Cumbria Way. The app allows the walker to pause, grab their phone and quickly ascertain their location along the path and the up-coming terrain/features/points of interest and guage the remaining distance to their destination.
The first screen is the Map Key, this gives the usage instructions and the key for the non-OS map features. Tapping this screen will cause the map section closest to the device's current location to be displayed, the user can then use swipe gestures to navigate North and South along the Cumbria Way Walk.